Monday, August 4, 2014

The Art Of Creating Old Fashion Photos by Montreal Portrait Photographer Hera Bell

 Emulating old fashion post cards from a by gone era.

This is not the first time I have done this.
 
Few years ago I had to create an entire wedding album for a special client who wore a 100 years old wedding gown she inherited from her family. The leather album matched the age of the wedding dress which was hand made by an Italian leather maker. The entire wedding had only 80 guests all dressed up to the époque. The party was happening under tones of candle light in a great estate garden located at Eastern townships. Too bad I have no permission to show the results. Some of my clients insist on privacy. and I respect that.

In this shot you see Karima in a Parisian courtyard...
 
 
 
 
It gives you an idea how every single image was edited for my wedding client's album. The edges of the photos were cut off one by one with a special scissors to give that old fashion post card edges.
 
 


I had to create a photoshop action to have uniformity between all the photos.