Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Taking Your Children Portraits Towards Another Level by Montreal Fine Art Portrait Photographer Hera Bell


After photographing people for over 17 years, as a fine art portrait photographer I started searching more creative ways of serving my clients who have been trusting me to immortalize them on to paper or via digital pixels.

About 7 years ago I started experimenting intensively creating realistic photo collages. When I moved my downtown photography studio after 10 years, to my current West Island location, it became more evident to me that the future of my portrait business was on solid grounds with the new direction I had taken when I did my first photo collage years ago.

My husband and I we travel. When we travel, I am constantly searching to photograph that special location to use it in a further date in my photography.

Most of the time when I photograph a client in my studio I have no idea which background image I will drop them in. It is as much of a surprise to them as it is for me. There is nothing cookie cutter style approach in my photographic works.

I have been always seeking to create realistic collages. The way the light will hit my subjects will never reveal that the images are a collage. However I rarely hide the fact. I am actually proud to reveal my secret behind such collages. What I do is beyond simple photography.

Few weeks ago I had a mother and daughter "mini me, mother and daughter glamour" session in my studio. I have permission from Madeleine to share the results.

Check out the 6"x6" album from this session. Soft man made leather hard  cover, 20 pages, retail cost only $250.00 Canadian. Images are printed on real waterproof photography paper. The full bleed pages are thick and rigid.





Welcome to my magical world of the children photos.












Then we had our regular studio session also.