Saturday, January 31, 2015

Power Of Gold Audiovisual by Montreal Glamour - Boudoir Portrait Photographer Hera Bell


During my travels to Thailand, I witnessed Buddhist placing 24 karat gold leaves on Buddha’s statue at their temples.  I must admit, this has fascinated me.

Every temple is covered with gold in Thailand. The Burmese burnt the Thai city Ayutthaya just to melt and steal the gold on the entire city’s temples and architectural structures. Today when you visit the city, it stands in ruins reminding us the greed of human kind towards the power of Gold.

I am deeply affected by human kind killing their own kind. Unfortunately we never learn from our history.

In my recent photography project which you can see in this audio visual, I used 24 karat gold leaves directly from Thailand.

Everything in this video has for me deep symbolism. Gold is a beautiful precious metal. I used it on my beautiful chocolate skin muse Widline.

I will let you ponder on who we are as a human race today. Nothing much has changed since our existence.

Thank you,
Hera Bell


Concept, art direction, photography, styling, hair and make up was all done by yours truly.