Friday, June 7, 2013

The Untouched Montreal Artistic Fine Art Nudes by Hera Bell


I met Elia during my early photography era. She was one of my muses in front of my camera.

This particular session happened at our home's basement.  I used those infamous blue bulbs to light the scene. What's on her head is a fabric I bought at Fabricville at the curtain department. I added the super long fake nails. Did her make-up. etc etc...

This was all during my film and darkroom era. In later years I scanned the 35mm negative on my Nikon Cool Scan II scanner. Added the PS texture. Don't ask me why the added texture...

At my studio opening in September 13 2001 (yup the week of infamous September 11 attack) it was a part of the exhibit. It was presented on the walls of my studio as a canvas transfer.

It has been analyzed to death by viewers.

I titled it  "The Untouched"...

The long nails, her covered head, yet exposed breast were described as very symbolic religious stuff.

Elia (a south American origin Montrealer) is today a wife and mother. She is no longer the wild daring young lady she used to be.

Time flies. People change. Life goes around. Memories fade by they stay in photos. Photos and people who were in them are a big part of our past. Because us, humans, we tend to try to re-write history often if it doesn't suit our fancy.